In the west of Bazaar-e-Vhakil and at the end of Rastey-e-Shamshir Garha, there has been built a wide and beautiful mosque which is famous to the name of Masjed-e-Soltani Vhakil or Masjed-e-Vhakil that has been built by the order of Karim Khan-e-Zand. The date of this construction was in 1766 and simultaneous with Bazaar construction and Meidan-e-Vhakil (Vhakil Square) during Karim Khan-e-Zand; the extent of this mosque is 8 thousand and 600 square meters.
It is one of beautiful and strongest buildings in Zandiyeh period which have utmost importance due to art and architecture. The design of this mosque has two porches and two southern/eastern prayer halls.
The southern prayer hall which has integrated and helix stony pillars, is one of Iranian architecture characteristics, and spectacular regions of this mosque that has 48 integrated stony pillars.
In the north side of this mosque there has been made a high and important arch which is called Tagh-e-Morvarid (Pear Arch) and one of Quran’s chapters has been wrote on it as arced by bold font and supreme Tholth script.
This mosque according to the traditional architecture in this homeland is in a social collection and brings a beautiful harmony in connection to the religion and the world.
Also the tiling of northern and southern arena and porches are very beautiful and kinds of seven colors and mosaics.
The historical building has been registered by the number of 182 on 9th July 1932 in Iran National heritage list.
Address: Masjed-e-Vhakil, Taleghani Street, Lotf Ali Khan street, Shiraz, Fars Province, Iran